Child abducted by father under occupied territory ‘authorities’

Date:

Child placed under “state” protection

The child who was abducted from Limassol last week by his Turkish-origin father is now under the protection of the ‘authorities’ of the Turkish-occupied areas, according to the ‘minister’ of labour and social insurance, Oguzhan Hasipoglu.

In a written statement, Hasipoglu said the ‘ministry’ is closely and responsibly monitoring the process concerning the child.

Court order issued

He added that following assessments by specialists from the ‘department of social services’, and with the child’s best interests in mind, the necessary steps were immediately taken and the minor was placed under protection based on a court order.

Hasipoglu stated that the child is now under the protection of the ‘state’, adding that medical examinations have been completed and that the process to ensure the child’s physical and psychological wellbeing is being handled carefully by specialist teams.

Authorities cite child welfare concerns

He concluded by saying that the safety and future of children is a major responsibility and that the ‘ministry’ will continue its efforts to ensure every child can live in a safe environment.


Also read: Emergency meeting on foot-and-mouth disease with farmers
For more videos and updates, check out our YouTube channel

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Cyprus moves closer to Schengen, says European Commission

The European Commission released on Monday its fifth State...

ON THIS DAY: Peter Carl Fabergé is born (1846)

Early life and family background Peter Carl Fabergé was born...

Trump warns Iran as peace talks stall

Trump says “time is of the essence” US President Donald...

Strike over high fuel prices paralyses transport in Kenya

Thousands of commuters in Kenya have been left stranded...