Miracle IVF has described a BBC investigation into alleged donor mix-ups at fertility clinics in the Turkish-occupied areas of Cyprus as “incomplete, one-sided and misleading”.
The investigation examined allegations that children were conceived using sperm or eggs from donors other than those selected by their parents. The report also referred to Miracle IVF and doctor Firdevs Uguz Tip.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, the clinic said press freedom and the public interest could not justify publishing allegations without evidence or disregarding official documents.
Clinic disputes evidence presented
Miracle IVF said that no specific documents, patient records or valid patient authorisations had so far been presented to establish personal or institutional responsibility on the part of the clinic or Dr Tip.
The clinic also argued that the findings of inspections carried out by the so-called “health ministry” of the Turkish-occupied areas had not been adequately made public.
It further said that Dr Tip’s “complete and documented explanations” had been reduced to a brief denial in the BBC report.
Miracle and Doğuş deny institutional link
The clinic also referred to a letter from the so-called “health ministry” dated July 23, 2026.
According to Miracle IVF, the document indicates that the Doğuş IVF Centre and Miracle IVF are not part of the same legal or institutional entity.
The statement follows a BBC investigation that raised allegations concerning the use of sperm or egg donors different from those selected by parents at fertility clinics in the Turkish-occupied areas of Cyprus.
Also read: Occupied Cyprus: IVF clinic on blacklist since 2016
For more videos and updates, check out our YouTube channel


