Police are investigating a shooting that took place in the early hours of Friday in the Kokkinies area of Ayia Napa.
According to Andreas Constantinou, Head of the Famagusta CID and spokesman for the Famagusta Police Division, at around 5.40 am, a 33-year-old man was driving his vehicle when a number of shots were fired at him.
No one was injured in the incident.
Vehicle found on fire in Avgorou
Police later received information that a vehicle had caught fire in the Avgorou area.
Initial investigations indicate that the burning vehicle may be linked to the shooting.
Constantinou said the investigation remains at an early stage, with police examining both the attempted murder and the arson of the vehicle.
Evidence is being collected from both scenes, and further examinations are under way.

More than one person may be involved
Asked whether the 33-year-old had previously come to the attention of police, Constantinou said he was not known to the authorities.
Regarding the perpetrators, he said police believe more than one person may be involved, while stressing that all aspects of the case remain under investigation.
The investigation into the shooting is continuing.
Also read: 33-year-old driver targeted in Ayia Napa shooting
For more videos and updates, check out our YouTube channel


