A 43-year-old man dies from type A influenza in Cyprus

Date:

A 43-year-old man who had been hospitalised with influenza A in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Nicosia General Hospital passed away on Thursday, State Health Services Organisation (SHSO) Spokesperson, Charalambos Charilaou, told CNA, adding that another 5 people are being treated for influenza A in the ICUs of state hospitals.

Specifically, Charilaou said that 2 people are being treated in Nicosia, 2 in Limassol and 1 in Larnaca.

Regarding the number of people hospitalised for other seasonal infections, the SHSO Spokesperson noted that the outbreak of seasonal infections continues, resulting in a large influx of patients to the Accident and Emergency Departments, as well as increased admissions. 

Regarding the hospitalisations of people with COVID-19, Charilaou told CNA that the number of hospitalised people has increased, noting, however, that the situation is manageable.

Also read: Is the world ready for the next pandemic?

Source: CNA

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

IVF clinic in occupied Cyprus denies BBC revelations

Miracle IVF has described a BBC investigation into alleged...

Man reported to have approached five-year-old on Larnaca beach

Authorities were alerted following a complaint that a man...

Around 140,000 cubic metres flow into dams

Around 140,000 cubic metres of water flowed into water...

Infant death in Limassol: Autopsy set for tomorrow, no external injuries found

Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of...