Iran’s military warned on Tuesday that it would open “new fronts” if the United States resumes attacks against the country following the ceasefire that took effect on 8 April.
Iranian military spokesperson Mohammad Akraminia said Tehran would respond strongly to any renewed military action.
“If the enemy commits the foolishness of falling into a new Zionist trap and carries out another attack against our beloved Iran, we will open new fronts against it,” Akraminia said, according to Iranian news agency ISNA.
Trump points to possible nuclear deal
The warning came after US President Donald Trump said on Monday that he halted a “planned continuation” of strikes against Iran after Tehran sent a new peace proposal to Washington.
Trump added that there is now “a good chance” of reaching an agreement over Iran’s nuclear programme.
The remarks have fuelled hopes for renewed diplomatic negotiations aimed at easing tensions between the two countries.
Explosions reported on Qeshm Island
Earlier on Tuesday, Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency reported explosions heard on Qeshm Island.
According to the report, the blasts were linked to the controlled disposal of unexploded enemy munitions.
No further incidents were immediately reported.
Regional tensions remain high
Despite the ceasefire, regional tensions remain elevated amid concerns over military escalation and the future of negotiations surrounding Iran’s nuclear activities.
International attention remains focused on whether diplomatic efforts between Tehran and Washington can prevent further confrontation.
Source: CNA
Also read: Markets react to US-Iran diplomatic signals; oil prices fall
For more videos and updates, check out our YouTube channel


