Akamas Municipality response about landfilling near sea caves

Date:

The Municipality of Akamas acted immediately to halt backfilling works on a large agricultural plot at the sea caves approximately four months ago, stated Akamas Mayor Marinos Lambrou, adding that no works are currently taking place.

In statements to CNA, Mr Lambrou said that today, a team from the Municipality of Akamas visited the field following a tip-off and found that no earthworks were being carried out. The works that were conducted in the past related to the cleaning of the agricultural plot. Since then, the Mayor of Akamas said, no complaints have been received regarding the resumption of the works.

Source: CNA

Feature photo source: Choose your Cyprus

Also read: Environmental groups call for accountability over Akamas violations

For more videos and updates, check out our YouTube channel.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Can the two leaders deliver? The high stakes of the August 26 Cyprus talks

For the first time, responsibility for whether there will...

Trump ‘declares’ Strait of Hormuz US territory: New threats from Iran

US President Donald Trump has repeated his claim that...

Bedroom catches fire in Deryneia: Blaze caused by charging mobile phone

A fire broke out at around 3:40 a.m. in...

Avakas Gorge: Missing 16-year-old found after search operation with dogs

The search for a 16-year-old boy of Russian origin,...